DID YOU KNOW?
You may know how important the Air Ambulance service is; you may not know that it is funded entirely by charitable donations without any money from the National Lottery.
- Air Paramedics have to deal with approximately 40% more stress levels than Road Paramedics
- Air Paramedics are normally limited to a four year tour of duty.
The helicopters are specially adapted for Air Ambulance purposes and each:
- Fly up to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Can be airborne within two minutes from receipt of a call
- Can travel at 160 mph
- Can carry two casualties with a crew of three
- Carries full life-support, up-to-date medical equipment
- Have high main and enclosed tail rotors for a smooth flight and increased safety
- Complies with all expert recommendations
- Has twin engines for safety
- Are designed for rapid take off and landing
- Are highly maneuverable with good visibility